Pages

Monday, May 20, 2013

Manchego Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Dates

I served these for my hors d'oeuvres when I had some friends over for dinner. They are simple to make and will be a huge hit at your next dinner party. I would make about 2 dates per person.

Ingredients:
10 Medjool dates, pitted
Manchego cheese, cut into about 1 inch by 1/4 inch rectangles
5 slices applewood smoked bacon, cut in half
Toothpicks

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400°. Stuff piece of Manchego into the hole in a pitted date. Pinch the open end of the date so that it closes. Wrap strip of bacon around the date and secure with a toothpick. Repeat with remaining dates. Place dates onto parchment lined baking sheet. Roast dates until bacon starts to get crispy, 5-8 minutes. Turn the dates over and cook until the bacon is crisp, about 5-8 minutes. I left the toothpicks in mine for serving to make it an easy bite for my guests to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment